Our Centre Director featured in the World’s top 2% scientists by Stanford University.
In October 2020, a team of experts led by Prof. John Ioannidis, the eminent Professor at the Stanford University, released a list that represents the top 2 per cent of the most-cited scientists in various disciplines in the world. The database was created in collaboration with Elsevier to provide updated analyses and a publicly available database of top scientists The updated databases and code are freely available in Mendeley (https://dx.doi.org/10.17632/btchxktzyw). The database provides standardized information on citations, h-index, co-authorship-adjusted hm-index, citations to papers in different authorship positions, and a composite indicator. Details of the methodology can be retrieved from:
Citation: Ioannidis JPA, Boyack KW, Baas J (2020) Updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators. PLoS Biol 18(10): e3000918. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.3000918
Our Centre Director, Dr. Bolajoko Olusanya’s rankings based on the composite score of 3.8096539 are as follows:
- In Nigeria: First in Paediatrics and fifth across all disciplines (22 scientific fields and 176 subfields).
- In Low and Middle-Income Countries: Second in Paediatrics
- Worldwide: 163rd in Paediatrics and 6,224th in 15 medical disciplines (see table below)
1. Clinical Psychology
2. Developmental & Child Psychology
4. General Clinical Medicine
5. Neurology & Neurosurgery
6. Nutrition & Dietetics
11. Public Health
13. Social Psychology
14. Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology
15. Tropical Medicine